Car and Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle cover

With RSA Motability, you're in safe hands.

Man putting items in the boot of a car

Our insurance covers you against the cost of accidents or damage to your car or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle, giving you protection and peace of mind when you need it most.

We've put together a clear list to show you what you're covered for and any restrictions in place. When you use your vehicle, we've got you covered.

What's covered

Social, domestic and pleasure use, including commuting

Using your car for social use, for example driving to the shops, days out to the beach and driving to and from your place of work.

Incorrect fuel

If you put the wrong fuel in your car, you’re covered. We’ll provide assistance to drain your vehicle, sort the problem and get you back on the road. Even if your engine is damaged as a result of starting your car, you will be covered. You'll just need to pay an excess, we'll sort the rest.

Breakdown and roadside assistance

If you're not able to drive your car as a result of a breakdown or accident, RAC Motability Assist are on hand for roadside support and assistance. They are available to help 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Windscreen and window repair

We'll pay for the cost of repairing your broken or chipped windscreen or windows. All you'll have to pay is a £50 excess if your windscreen or windows need to be replaced.

Personal accident cover

We provide up to £5,000 compensation for the driver and any passengers in the event of serious injury following an accident.

Accidental damage

You can't always plan for the unexpected, so if you hit a post or damage your paintwork, there's no need to panic. You're covered in your worry-free package.

Courtesy car

We can offer you a courtesy car to keep you mobile for the duration of the repairs. These are usually 5 door vehicles such as a Ford Fiesta or Vauxhall Corsa. If you have an adapted vehicle, we can help find a suitable mobility solution.

Fire and theft

We'll pay for loss or damage to the vehicle caused by fire, theft or attempted theft.

Replacement locks

If your keys are stolen and it's reported to the police, we'll make sure you and your vehicle are secure by replacing your locks.

In-car equipment

We'll replace your damaged or stolen electronic equipment like a radio or sat-nav fitted as standard in your vehicle. Items that are not permanently fitted to your car are not covered.

Legal expenses

If you have an accident, solicitors will sometimes get involved. The good news is that we provide cover for any legal costs arising from the claim.

Charitable work

It's good to know that you're covered to drive for voluntary or charitable work, provided you don't receive a regular fixed payment.

What's not covered

Loss of keys

If you lose your keys you will be responsible for the cost of any replacement keys and, if necessary, any replacement locks.

Personal belongings

You'll need to arrange your own insurance for personal items such as wheelchairs, coats and mobile phones. One option may be to extend your household insurance cover.

Damage to the interior of the vehicle

Damage such as rips, stains and burns to the trim, are not covered and may need to be repaired at your own cost. You don't need to make any repairs to damage which is due to fair wear and tear.

You can check the full details in our RSA Motability Insurance cover booklet (PDF).

A few things you need to know

Sometimes things need a little more explanation.

What our customers say...

"It’s an excellent service. They are very friendly when you call, and always quick to respond. They are dependable and very easy to contact."
"I find it a good service, the thing that I wanted to change was understood and it was all sorted. Overall I found it an excellent service."