This website uses cookies to improve our website service and develop our services to you. To find out more about how we use cookies and how you can control them please read our
Privacy Policy/Cookies Statement. Use of this website means you have accepted the policy.

United Kingdom
Conditions of Use
Privacy Policy & Cookies
About RSA Motability
Site Feedback
Motability. Registered Charity No. 299745 RSA
Home Page
Customer Services
Change of Name
Change of Address
Change of Address
Change of Drivers
Use of Vehicles
Travelling Abroad
Travelling Abroad
Courtesy/Loan Cars
Courtesy/Loan Cars
Third Driver
Third Driver
Claims Service
New Claims
Existing Claims
Priority Repairers
Frequently Asked Questions
Customer Service FAQ
Claims Service FAQ
Policy Information
Contact Information
Customer Feedback

Travelling Abroad

If you wish to take your vehicle abroad, you do not need to contact RSA Motability if you are visiting any EU country, Croatia, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland. You do not require a Green Card for these countries but you should take your Certificate of Motor Insurance with you as proof of cover.

You will however need to contact RSA Motability in the following circumstances.

  • If your total travel to an EU country, or those additional countries detailed above, including this journey, will exceed 90 days in any 12 month period.

Cover for travel over 90 days in any one policy year will be charged at £29 per month or part month.

  • If you are travelling to any of the countries listed below.

Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Belarus, Israel, Morocco, Moldova, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia Montenegro, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, and Russia.

Cover for these countries will be charged at £29 per week or part week.

These charges can be paid to RSA Motability, by Debit/Credit Card, cheque or postal order. Foreign cover will not commence until you have paid.

Motability advise that you obtain European breakdown cover before you take your car abroad. RAC European Motoring Assistance is available as an optional addition to Motability Assist customers at specially discounted rates.

To complete a request for Green Card cover you can either complete the on-line form by clicking on the email link below, or telephone our Customer Services Department. Full details can be obtained by clicking on the telephone link below.



© 2010 Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc

Quick Menu
Customer Services
Claims Services
Contact Information
Increase Size of Text
Decrease Size of Text
Trouble Changing Size of Text?
Print this Page
Add to Your Favourites
Go to Text Only Site